Thursday, December 25, 2008

CHRISTMAS MORNING MIX
a very special Thursday Morning Mix
with Scott Foley


Lovin' me some holiday airtime today! I'm the odd bird who enjoys Christmas music, and haven't been able to play enough for my tastes this year, owing to my decision to air my '08 favorites shows during the past two weeks.

This morning's program was made especially worthy with the addition of my three children (Madeleine, Logan and Gabe) joining me in the studio. Notice I didn't say "easier", just more special ... All three kids are growing into their respective musical passions, and shared a holiday song of their choice with Christmas Morning Mix listeners.

While I've enjoyed the past three weeks, I'm certainly looking forward to next week's return to "plain old music". I've already got discs lined up from Graham Lindsay, Eleni Mandell, Ben Kweller, and others. In the meantime, onward:



* Boxmasters, "My Dreams Of Christmas" Christmas Cheer
* Be Good Tanyas, "Rudy" Winter's Night
* Gretchen Peters, "Songs For a Winter's Night" Northern Lights
* Old 97s, "Here It Is Christmas Time" internet single
* Alison Brown Quartet, "Carol and the Kings" Evergreen
* Emmylou Harris, "Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem" Light Of the Stable
* Elvis Presley, "Winter Wonderland" If Every Day Was Like Christmas
~ selected by Gabe
* Bela Fleck, "Linus and Lucy" Jingle All the Way
* Buddy & Julie Miller, "Away In the Manger" To Kate: Benefit For Kate's Sake
* Robin & Linda Williams, "Mary Had a Baby" First Christmas Gift
* Antsy McClain, "Christmas At the Trailer Park" Merry Christmas From the Trailer Park
* Los Lonely Boys, "Feliz Navidad" Christmas Spirit
* Alison Krauss, "Shimmy Down the Chimney" Shimmy Down the Chimney
* Mary Chapin Carpenter, "Come Darkness, Come Light" Come Darkness, Come Light
* Ray Charles, "That Spirit Of Christmas" Spirit Of Christmas
* Johnny Cash, "Blue Christmas" Christmas With Johnny Cash
* Stephen Colbert, "Cold Christmas" Colbert Christmas
~ selected by Logan
* Kelly Willis & Bruce Robison, "Oklahoma Christmas" Happy Holidays
* Over the Rhine, "White Horse" Snow Angels
* Mindy Smith, "Santa Will Find You" My Holiday
* Queen, "Thank God It's Christmas" Greatest Hits Vol 3
~ selected by Madeleine
* Dwight Yoakam, "Come On Christmas" Come On Christmas
* Rhonda Vincent, "Christmas Time's a Coming" O Christmas Tree
* Rosie Flores, "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" Christmasville
* Steve Earle & Allison Moorer, "Nothing But a Child" To Kate: Benefit For Kate's Sake



No comments: